Ceramic Square Braided Packing
Ceramic Packing (Square) (Wire Reinforced)
- Ceramic packing is manufactured from high performance refractory ceramic fibre yarns reinforced with either glass or wire filament to produce a square rope section.
- Ceramic yarns are produced on traditional textile machinery by carding high purity 1260°C grade ceramic fibres with a percentage of cellulose fibre to assist in processing.
- The yarns are spun and combined with the relevant re-enforcing media to improve the tensile strength at extended temperatures.
- The organic content will burn off at temperatures above 200°C without affecting properties of the ceramic fibre, however adequate ventilation should be provided during this initial firing.
- Where tensile strength is important the temperature limitations of the re-enforcing media should be considered.
- Suitable for temperatures up to 1260°C dependant on application.
- Resistant to most chemicals except phosphoric acid, hydrofluoric acid and strong alkalis.
- Ceramic packing is non-combustible, has low thermal conductivity, and is resistant to thermal shock.
- The ceramic fibre insulation is rated to 1260°C in situ.
- The wire reinforcement is rated to 1000°C.
SIZE IN MM, COIL LENGTHS
6MM = 100M
8MM = 100M
10MM = 50M
12MM = 50M
15MM = 50M
20MM = 30M
25MM = 30M
30MM = 10M
40MM = 10M
50MM = 10M
60MM = 10M